At the moment “Grace”, now a category 2 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale, locates its center in the north of Puebla
Mexico.- This morning “Grace” as a category 4 hurricane, entered Mexican lands through the state of Veracruz; the power of its winds and torrential rains, thus began the journey through the interior of the country.
At the moment as hurricane two it is located on land 75 km southwest of Tulancingo, Hgo., And 110 km west-southwest of Pachuca, Hidalgo, with displacement to the west at 22 km / h and sustained winds of 175 km / h as well as gusts of 215 km / h.
Due to its area of influence, it is established as a prevention zone for hurricane effects from the Port of Veracruz to Cabo Rojo , as well as a prevention zone for tropical storm effects from Cabo Rojo to Barra del Tordo, Tamaulipas.
“Grace” generates significant rains in much of Mexico:
• Specific torrential rains of 150.1 to 250.0 mm in San Luis Potosí, Puebla, Veracruz, Michoacán and Guerrero.
• Intense point rains from 75.1 to 150.0 mm in Tamaulipas, Jalisco, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala and Oaxaca.
• Very strong point rains of 50.1 to 75.0 mm in Guanajuato, Morelos and Chiapas.
• Strong punctual rains 25.1 to 50.0 mm in Mexico City, State of Mexico and Tabasco.
In the same way, it motivates strong winds that, in turn, motivate waterspouts:
• Wind gusts from 130 to 150 km / h in Hidalgo and Puebla.
• Gusts of 80 to 100 km / h, waves of 1 to 3 meters and possible formation of waterspouts on the north coast of Veracruz.
• Gusts of 60 to 70 km / h in San Luis Potosí, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Morelos and Tlaxcala.
The extended forecast highlights that at noon this Saturday “Grace” degrades to a tropical storm over land and at dawn on Sunday, it is a tropical depression at 250 to the north-northwest of Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán, its remnants will continue to be active and although the spectrum decreased, it is still expected to reach the Pacific where a low pressure generated from its remnants is still active.